Ukraine International Airlines Flight 752 “PS752” was a scheduled international passenger flight from Tehran to Kiev operated by Ukraine International Airlines (UIA).
On January 8, 2020, the Boeing 737-800 was shot down shortly after takeoff from Tehran Imam Khomeini International Airport.
All 176 passengers and crew were killed.
What Can We Do Now?
If you or someone you know was harmed by the tragic Flight PS752 crash, click here to learn more about the pending class action lawsuit.
Have you received a letter from the Defendants, including Iran, the IRGC, the Airline or their lawyers asking for information from you?
Updates About The Class Action
- On January 20, 2020 we commenced the putative class action by filing a statement of claim against Iran, the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps and the Ukrainian Airline concerning the downing of Flight PS752. Subject to court approval, New York litigation funding company Galactic Litigation Partners LLC will fund the legal effort.
- On or about January 31, 2020 the Ukrainian Airline appointed counsel to defend the putative class action.
- The Statement of Claim has also been sent to Ottawa for service on the Iranian defendants.
- On February 19, 2020 the Court assigned the putative class action to a Judge for case management. An initial case management conference has been scheduled for March 2020.
- On February 28, 2020 the UIA served a Notice of Intention to Defend the Class Action.
- Link to Flight PS752 Class Action - March 2020 Update – فارسی
- On September 1, 2020, the Canadian Government served the Statement of Claim on the Iranian defendants. Certificate گواهی رسمی
- On September 21, 2020, the Court approved the the Funding Agreement. Decision حکم دادگاه
- Link to Flight PS752 Class Action - October 2020 Update – فارسی
- On November 9, 2020, the Court granted carriage to the class action. Decision and Order دستور
- On January 11, 2021, the Court noted the Iran Defendant in default for failing to file a Statement of Defence despite being served under the State Immunity Act. Document
- On January 29, 2021, the Court noted the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) Defendant in default for failing to file a Statement of Defence despite being served under the State Immunity Act. Document
- On February 16, 2021, the Court indicated that it will certify the Flight PS752 class action. Endorsement to follow.
- On February 22, 2021, the Court granted certification of the Flight PS752 class action. On June 3, 2021 the Court signed the Certification Order. The formal Notice of Certification will be published. We look forward to prosecuting this class action on behalf of the entire class to get justice for those who lost loved ones on Flight PS752. Press Release مطبوعاتی فارسی. Order حکم
Up to the Minute, Flight PS752 Google News Feed Links
- Iran tampered with victims’ phones, tablets after flight PS752 crash: report - Globalnews.ca
- Canadian families of Flight PS752 victims release crash report | Watch News Videos Online - Globalnews.ca
- Canadian families of Flight PS752 victims release crash report - Globalnews.ca
- Iran tampered with victims' electronic devices in aftermath of PS752 downing: report - TheRecord.com
- Opinion: Iran's downing of Flight PS752 – and the justice that has yet to be served – must not be forgotten - The Globe and Mail
- Out on the hustings, Trudeau confronted by father of victim from flight PS752 - Lethbridge News Now
- U of A researchers use AI to diagnose disease faster in study co-authored by student killed on Flight PS752 - Edmonton Journal
- Ukraine now says it believes Iran intentionally shot down Flight 752 - The Globe and Mail
- Exclusive: W5 finds more than 2K civilians killed in airplane shootdowns since Second World War - CTV News
- Canadian officials say Iran failed to prove Flight 752 was shot down in error - CBC.ca