Updates About This Class Action Lawsuit
- On January 20, 2020 we commenced the putative class action by filing a statement of claim against Iran, the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps and the Ukrainian Airline concerning the downing of Flight PS752. Subject to court approval, New York litigation funding company Galactic Litigation Partners LLC will fund the legal effort.
- On or about January 31, 2020 the Ukrainian Airline appointed counsel to defend the putative class action.
- The Statement of Claim has also been sent to Ottawa for service on the Iranian defendants.
- On February 19, 2020 the Court assigned the putative class action to a Judge for case management. An initial case management conference has been scheduled for March 2020.
- On February 28, 2020 the UIA served a Notice of Intention to Defend the Class Action.
- Link to Flight PS752 Class Action – March 2020 Update –فارسی
- On September 1, 2020, the Canadian Government served the Statement of Claim on the Iranian defendants. Certificate گواهی رسمی
- On September 21, 2020, the Court approved the the Funding Agreement. Decision حکم دادگاه
- Link to Flight PS752 Class Action – October 2020 Update –فارسی
- On November 9, 2020, the Court granted carriage to the class action.
Questions About The Class Action Lawsuit
Many people have questions about the class action lawsuit. We will take steps to keep you informed as this lawsuit progresses.
Expand These Questions For Answers
We have launched this class action lawsuit to bring justice and compensation to the victims and their families affected by this horrible tragedy.
We expect Iran and the Ukrainian airline to compensate the families for their loss. We cannot bring the passengers back, we wish we could. The brothers, sisters, mothers, daughters, fathers, sons, nieces and nephews are not coming back. This lawsuit is what we can do to seek justice and compensation for their loss.
Iran admitted, it shot down the plane. That is a strong first step. The Ukrainian Airline has yet to take responsibility. We intend to work through the courts to seek justice and compensation for the families. Many fine and good people around the world have started the process.
The defendants are the Islamic Republic of Iran, Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, Ukraine International Airlines PJSC and John Doe Missile Operator